Thursday, July 12, 2012

REVERE AND BOSTON BANDS FIRST BLOG POST

Welcome to the launch of the Revere and Boston Bands BLOG.

 

My name is Michael Indorato, and my brother Bob Indorato and I administrate the “Revere and Boston Bands” Group on Facebook.

My brother Bob Indorato, creator of the “Revere and Boston Bands” page on Facebook, was inspired and was always on my heels when it was about music. He played in local bands until he put his hand through a window with a massive cut in 1977. He lost feeling in his right hand and struggled to hold a pick, so he then picked up the Bass, but was still frustrated with his playing. So he put his playing aside for a while and jumped right into the Boston music scene. Bob has also experienced much of the local music scene in Revere as well.

Many of Bob’s years were spent getting involved with bands that needed help, learning how to run a show, and meeting many musicians and people in the field. I could always count on Bob with my own bands and shows from lugging equipment up three flights of stairs, to lighting and sound engineering, or watching the stage for any tech problems, to mostly keeping me from falling off stages. (No Really!!!)


As for myself, let me just say first, that music has been my life-long passion. After learning guitar, drums and vocals at an early age, I went on to play in numerous local bands for many years, with some of that time spent fronting my own band called "The Mix".

In 1990, after a 25 year romp in the Revere and Greater Boston Area, I dropped out of the music scene as an active guitar player. During that time, I also worked as an employee in possibly every club in Boston, including the Channel, from bartending to security or engineering sound, and was exposed to an abundant amount of music from every band through the 70’s and 80’s.

I took a few years off from playing out in the mid-80’s when I was asked by my very good friends Vernon and Dana West,
Gary Cioffi , and Chuck Vitale to run sound and lights for the Sass/West days at Bill Ashes and beyond. I grabbed Bob, needing his help with the lights and running the board. He was there every weekend helping the band and I run these shows, and others, for many a year in the music wonderland. We both had a blast and loved what we were doing.


After gigging for a few years with Sass/West as their sound engineer, I broke away in the 90’s to pursue a college degree, which included studying electronic music, and midi and sampling programming, which then led me to record my solo CD, Boston Michael “No More Pain”, here comes the plug... ha ha…(which can be found at www.reverbnation.com/bostonmichael LOL :-D ).

Wound up living in California for 11 years recording and solo-ing my music to an audience of small venues, and just me and the studio… and now back on the east coast producing more projects of my own (TBA). Ya kinda get the idea… and blah, blah, and more blah.

Bob invited me to get involved with the “Revere and Boston Bands” page and how could I say no? It’s what we love to do and I’m happy to be a part of it. First up was a logo…I designed the Revere and Boston Bands logo, and the rest is history, as they say. 



*** Which brings us to this blog. The blog is an addition to the Revere and Boston Bands fan (group) page. We would like to hear more from you about the bands that are still playing in Revere and Boston plus areas, or the ones reuniting after a year, or 20, went by…or about all the new bands that are emerging in the local music scene…so that everyone has an opportunity to learn more about what’s going on.

We invite everyone from the group to post photos of bands playing now, including where and when, and give all local Musicians the exposure and positive feedback they so well deserve. 
I was in the trenches and so was Bob, and many of you fellow music veterans are still out there and many are still your fans, wanting to find out that you're playing around again, or just busting out for the first time. Let’s give this a chance!!!

And since this is the first posting on the “Revere and Boston Bands Blog”, we hope to see all of your comments and contributions to get this show on the road --- so to speak.

Thank you all and let’s rock it with the BLOG!!!
Peace and Blessings,
Bob and Michael Indorato


** Please send your photos and gig info to us through

 revereandbostonbands@gmail.com

19 comments:

  1. OK THE BLOG IS UP SO DON'T BE SHY....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok...It's 2021 and Michael pulled this blog out of his hat in 2012, lets see if we can get this off the ground again !
      Thx,
      REVERE AND BOSTON BANDS

      Delete
  2. Great blog post! Congrats on launching it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is cool! Thank you Bob and Mike for your efforts with Revere and Boston Bands. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we set the comments so anyone can comment without sighing up for google and whatever...leave your name so we all know who we are LOL...more to come.....Boston M

    ReplyDelete
  5. now they are back in action my buddys 2 great people and glad they are my friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the blog launch Michael and Bob! Looks great!
    The logo rocks too - very creative idea!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison and as for the Logo (banner) it will be
      evolving and that info will be exposed soon.

      Delete
  7. Thanks everyone including Anonymous----you can post your name so we can give you a prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. whats my prize i want it now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you were the first to post your name you get the prize which will be a very big SURprize. Thanks G

      Delete
  9. Thanks Guys, it's so nice to hear of an idea, then watch it develope and come into fruition. Ths is gonna be fun. Being a member of the group, a fan and musician. I have a ton of topics I'd love to get feedback on. Gary, we discussed your prize. you have won "host for a weekend" That's right Gary, with all the luxuries of you refriderator and your leather furniture you will also be hosting.... an open jam session while bbq'ing and swimming in your pool."that's a great prize"...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was talking with Stevie Paulson and he left this comment..He has a good point on venues>>>

    {Lets start with the local scene... I think the bands that are grinding it out and competing for weekend nights in the few venues we do have. The cove got a bad rap from back when it was undesirable, however,Carmella & Billy Dolan pay excellent for live entertainment. on the other hand we have" Bill Ashes" which is a is a perfect example,"eg" You know exactly what your gonna make and if you make more then the club does,your band won't be getting booked anytime soon. Maddys was the most spacious. the stage is huge, the patrons can mingle. I thought the acoustics were very good.I saw "louie Spags band Tangerine at Maddys. I sat the furthest away to see and hear from that vantage point. It reminded me of a mini " Channel" except it's not a gutted warehouse with a stage.The band had a great draw and played exceptional. I wanted to see Chaz Mackin with Gary Cioffi'& that's that at Maddys, I had a prior commitment. They also have a great following. Gary played ashes more times then any 5 bands combined. MSF, another local band grinding it out. Paul Ranzo has a great reputaion as a guitarist and always lets it all hang out 100%. Mass, are the heavy hitters and are leading the pack. Louis & Gene have put the peddle to the metal... watchout Boston. They as bandmates have played for 4 decades nonstop. "talk about the test of time. "Go Mass" ... T.y. for reading,hopefully we can make this a focal part of REVERE AND BOSTON BANDS..

    Thanks Stevie for your input!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to hear about those small clubs around, for example...Lynn, Quincy, Salem, and so on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never been to Obriens in lynn? I'll tell ya. Satch and his blues revue have multiple venues , small clubs.etc... Lulu Philups is always busy south of Boston. Johnny Allouise does very well. So the Question remains? where are these little hide outs.lol...

      Delete
    2. Hi Stevie, O'Briens is a busy club in Lynn, "PROJECT 4" packs that place..also The Brick Yard Bar & Grill in is a small place but {MSF} Michael Firicano's band has played there in the past and made it work...also there is another small place is the Sand Bar..lots of cover bands go threw there...Do you have any experiences with these clubs?

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monique Lebel'DeaconJuly 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM

    Thats That did it again at Bill Ashes last night rocked the house couldn't have been any better. Here r some names to remember Sean Coleman, Gary Cioffi, Jay Samarian, and Chaz Mackin these guys r a great band and most of all im glad they r my friend they work great together and I hope they play together for a long time. You guys rock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monique Lebel DeaconJuly 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

    Bobby and Michael I dont know if anyone thanked you guys but you both r doing an awesome job with this. And I will try and get as many blogs in as I can to let the viewers know whats goin on. But I just wanted to thank you both for keeping everyone informed and up to date on the different bands because I know people get so buisy sometimes they dont know who is playing where or what places you can actually go to see a good band. So Thanks to Bobby Indorato and Michael Indorato.

    ReplyDelete